Barre Lions Club Mission Achievements 2003 - 2014
The Barre Lions Club is in it's 76th year and continue to serve those individuals and organizations in need in Central Vermont. Annually our charitable giving exceeds $30,000 dollars with at least half of it going to the purchase of glasses and hearing devices to those who do not have the personal income to afford them.
Although we have a number of fundraising events, your donations allow us to do even more charitable work in the community.
We thank you for your contribution. Below is a partial list of our service activity over the last 10 years:
- $3000 Contribution to local medical center [CVMC] for equipment to test the hearing of newborns
- $5100 Contribution to CVMC for their Laser Surgery facility.
- Contributions to the Barre Opera House and Chandler Music Center for the purchase of individual hearing devices for audience members.
- Purchase of special classroom hearing assistive devices for students with major hearing deficits.
- Annual scholarships for Spaulding High School graduates.
- Annual contributions of $20,000 to many local non-profits including: Our House, Boy Scouts, Salvation Army.
- Supported annually the VT Austine Camp for deaf children including the construction of a summer camp cabin for 12 campers.
- Provided an annual subsidy of $10-15K for the purchase of glasses and hearing devices for members of the community in need.
- Distributed $15,000 LCIF funds in 2011 for food, water, cleaning supplies and personal hygiene items to community victims of two floods.